Bulletin No.: 2011 - 08
Subject: Office Manager Replacement
Issue Date: November 8, 2011As many in the sport are aware, in June of 2011, CARS office manager Linda Epp retired after nearly 20 years of service. As a short-term solution, the Board of Directors engaged Colleen Hughes on a one year contract to manage the office. Colleen's term will be coming to an end this spring, and the Board is now looking to a permanent solution for the future.
We are currently accepting expressions of interest from individuals or businesses interested in taking over management of the office. This would initially be a two-year renewable contract beginning in the spring of 2012. Terms of reference include managing the day-to-day operation of the office, as well as to provide space for storage of office and archive material.
Strong communication skills are a requirement for this position, while the ability to converse both English and French would be considered as a strong asset. At a minimum, candidates should also have a working knowledge of word processing, accounting and database software, while familiarity with web content management software would also be of benefit.
A list of the duties of the office manager is outlined in the attached appendix. Candidates should plan an average of 10 to 12 hours per week to carry out CARS related business, however please note that this is an average number, and the weekly totals can vary significantly depending on the workload.
For further information concerning details of the position, please contact Colleen Hughes either by phone at (855) 640-6444, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume of your qualifications, as well as expected remuneration via email to the CARS office or alternatively to the CARS president directly (contact information below) before November 25, 2011.
President, Canadian Association of Rallysport.
Office Manager Duties
General Office Management:
- Answer telephone inquiries and provide general information on all facets of rallysport, including regional, national and international inquires; redirect and refer specific inquiries as necessary.
- Answer questions and provide information concerning rally insurance from competitors, organizers and club executives.
- Provide information about the licensing process.
- Annually review and ensure all official forms are current (i.e. dated correctly and pertinent information such as addresses, phone numbers, etc. is also correct). Includes all forms pertaining to competitor licensing, rally entry, scrutineering, competitor rating, steward forms, insurance application templates, ASN reporting, etc.
- Order rally supplies and maintain a centralized inventory including CARS rule books, red crosses, door panels, door numbers, sponsor decals, caution and security tape, safety signage for events. Ship supplies as requested.
- Respond to CARS Office correspondence directly, or by forwarding to those responsible.
- Maintain CARS records and files (including events and license records, waivers, medical forms, general correspondence, meeting minutes, financial statements, etc.).
- Update online database for office related functions (i.e. competitor license information, posting of bulletins, meeting minutes, etc.)
- Maintain the financial records. Undertake all banking activity, write cheques, calculate and pay HST/GST, apply for HST refund, prepare statements for the Treasurer and auditor/ review engager.
- Update CARS Board member names with Corporations Canada when changes occur.
- Annually file Statement of Operations with Corporations Canada.
- Ensure required filings are made with Revenue Canada.
Confirm licence eligibility, create and forward licence
- Annually submit rulebooks to Library and Archives Canada
- Reviewing CRC sponsor purchase rebate applications
Board Related Items
- Prepare and distribute CARS bulletins.
- Ensure the Board has copies of all pertinent Steward Reports.
- Assist Board members as requested and ensure the President is aware of all board member inquiries.
- Distribute information from official Board Committees as directed by the Board.
- Create and distribute notices of Annual General Meetings/Extraordinary General Meetings.
- Arrange facilities for the Annual General Meeting, book meeting rooms, and accommodations. Arrange for all Board meals during the AGM weekend.
- Check in delegates for AGM/EGM, confirm proxies for quorum, record minutes including results of all votes.
- Arrange annual awards banquet and for the presentation of awards. Order all trophies for both CRC and North American Rally Cup.
- Maintain competitor records to allow determination of competitor eligibility, seeding, etc. both nationally and regionally.
- Maintain data on events and entries, track event insurance premiums and competitor levy revenue to assist the President and the Board in determining to insurance levy rates for the coming year.
Related to Rally Events:
-Create and send Organizers packages for regional and national events including:
(a) Calculating and communicating the due dates for basic rally documentation (dates supplementary regulations are 1) due in the office and 2) released to competitors,
(b) Create and maintain;
- Contact information for license holders and the Board;
- Insurance application form,
- Registration forms,
- Technical inspection forms.
-Accept event applications and forward to individual(s) responsible reviewing.
-Ensure events have sufficient door numbers, red crosses, door panels, windshield decals and any other required materiel.
-Create event permits and ensure the Series Manager/ Region Director has these at the event.
-Answer and/or redirect new Organizer inquiries regarding the events from previous years.
-Ensure the national seeding administrator has information regarding organizer contact and, later, a copy of event results.
-Pay event insurance to ASN Canada and collect insurance monies from organizers.